Thursday, July 30, 2009

Acupuncture

I never thought that I will consider acupuncture as a means of treating any ailment/diseases. I am soooo afraid of needles and pricking.

Upon reading several articles, however, I was convinced to try acupuncture as a treatment for PCOS. As the title of my blog says, All for the Baby. Anything just for our little angel to finally come.

I searched umm..googled the places/doctors which/who offer acupuncture. I read about Tong Ren Tang (it's in ADB Ave., Ortigas), Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM- it's in Glorietta 3) and WeMedicus (along Jupiter Ave.).
I did not call Tong Ren Tang anymore because it would be very difficult for me to go there.
For WeMedicus, I was told that every acupuncture session would cost P900. That's inclusive of all other things that may be required- ventosa, electric something, etc. You may even pre-pay 10 sessions and that would be for a discounted rate of P7,500. The one who will do the consultation is a Filipino doctor. For the acupuncture itself, a Chinese doctor, Dr. Liu (said to be from Mainland China) will be in charge.
For TCM, if I remember correctly, it's P950. That's for the acupuncture and the use of the heating lamp. They used to have another Dr. Liu there. I was told, however, that she resigned already. A Filipino doctor named Dr. Ria Flores will be doing the acupunture.
Would be calling either WeMedicus or TCM for an appointment soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment