Thursday, July 30, 2009

PCOS - Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

Since we have been trying really hard to have a baby already, I consulted an ob-gyne at the Asian Hospital. My real purpose was just to inquire about my general condition and request for vitamins that may help prepare my body to bear a child. Unfortunately, however, my visit to the ob-gyne went beyond that.

The ob-gyne requested for an ultrasound and so I did. The diagnosis: bilateral polycystic ovaries.
I was not shocked because I have been reading about that condition already but I must admit that I was saddened. In fact, I was not able to control that tear from rolling down my cheek when I heard that I will be under medication for 6 months to cure the pcos and later, to be fertile.

In an attempt to comfort me, the ob-gyne said that a lot of women are diagnosed with the condition nowadays. Maybe it's a subtle way of saying that misery loves company and there are a lot of women with PCOS like me. Is it really becoming a trend?

No comments:

Post a Comment